Friday, December 2, 2011

Killer B3 in Post Production Already!

Well, I feel like we have turned this blog into myspace.  I mean, we started off with great intentions, and then we just kind of let things sit for awhile.  Trust me, this wasn't our intention.

We started working on Killer B3 almost six years ago.  We had no idea how much work it would take to get this puppy up and going.

Somehow, 84 hours of tape, almost six years of time and all of our savings later, we have made it to post production.  Yep, the film is actually done.  We are just tweaking some things, and we're going through the tedious and expensive process of clearing music and photos used in Killer B3.  Here is a link to our extended trailer.  A theatrical version will be coming soon.




Joe and I are really sorry we abandoned the handful of people who have been tracking this project.  Most of you probably have been getting updates from talking to us, or from our post on Facebook. Yep, we've got a like page on Facebook now.  You can find it by clicking Here.

I probably should have written about this, but our website has been up and running now since this past summer.  Just go to www.killerb3.com  Also just yesterday, we went live with our youtube channel, which will eventually feature lots of content you won't see until the documentary is released.

So far, we have applied to five film festivals.  We had to back off submissions for a few reasons.  First, it's expensive.  Secondly, we need to raise funds to help offset the cost.  You will be the first, well, the third to know when we get our first festival invite.  now that the film is mostly done, things are starting to really get exciting.

I will make this commitment to you the people, I will do my best to update this blog at least once a week, or as often as we have something new to report about our progress.  Truth of the matter, we just have so few resources, and so few time, we find ourselves doing everything.  But, building a relationship with our audience is simply a must that will happen on the regular.

In fact, the next blog I write will be about how we were able to get this feature length film written while I worked from a cruise ship.  You ever wonder how long it takes to edit a hour and fifteen minute documentary?  I will write about it next week.  In fact, I'm going to try and update this blog at least two times week.  It's fun and therapeutic to write, and it's just cool to keep everybody in the loop.

Thanks for keeping up with us.

Best,
Murv & Joe




2 comments:

  1. From what I've seen so far this film is going to be fantastic. I really can't wait to see it in its entirety. The Hammond B3 is an iconic and legendary piece of Americana. I get chills when I hear it in jazz, rock, blues and country music. Thanks for caring about it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be great! The B3 is the most beautiful sound in the world. The cabinet styling is simply classic so when Tony Monaco refers to it as a coffin it's kind of creepy. Sort of leaves a bad visual in the old memory banks. Hopefuly that comment ends up on the editing room floor.

    ReplyDelete